Friday, July 1, 2011

The Man behind The Food (Part I)


Hi, everyone again! I am Francis Fabie and I am an undergraduate student of De La Salle University - Manila, taking up AB Organizational Communication. For most of you, you still remember me as who I was before this. I could have been the dancer, the photographer, the dancing photographer, the geek (but that’s still until now), the soldier, the annoying businessman, the condo sales agent… and for a very few, the cook.

I never was the person who normally cooks and brings food to events and parties. Heck, I was never going to volunteer to cook for anyone out of the boundaries of my home and kitchen. I was just your typical cook-when-your-stressed type of guy. I never got formal lessons and my first experience with cooking outside of Pancit Canton was a mix and mash of different left over ingredients from my group mates in Home Economics class at my third or fourth year in high school. Well, it turned out to be a gastronomic ingenuity and that was were the Taco Beef with Mushrooms smothered with Cheese Sauce was born. Even one of my group mates who was allergic to mushrooms could not get enough of it.

For people who might ask, that dish is still not being served in my menu yet. It will be soon. Anyways, getting back to the story…

After that time, I still never thought of it as my main focus in life. I became engrossed in dancing, then photography, then ROTC, then a direct-selling business, then condo sales, and many more. I just cooked at home whenever I was stressed with studies, work, or business. I mostly cooked for my girlfriend then who accuses me of getting her fat most of the time, which could have been true for the most part. I also loved to cook for my friends whenever they would go to my place. The crowd favorite was my pasta and the Taco beef and my cheese sauces were the next. It was just actually all okay but something happened…

(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment