Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Tagaytay Escape

We were supposed to go to Hong Kong, then it became Thailand, and it all came down to Tagaytay Highlands during the long weekend. Since my mom and I actually had nothing to do. We decided to leave on Tuesday while everyone else was trying to get back home. It was just an overnight with my uncle who came back from the United States.

I am not, in anyway, putting down Tagaytay Highlands. I actually loved it more. I somehow did not really want to leave the Philippines. And, one good thing about Tagaytay Highlands is it was pretty quiet.

Anyways, we left around 10 AM from the house and picked up our Uncle from where he stays. We then went on the long drive to Tagaytay. It was pretty fun. I was asleep in the car the whole time. Haha!

We went to our unit at Tagaytay Highlands to drop off the bags and left to find our late lunch.


We ended up at RSM Foods and ordered for at least five people.


We ordered Sizzling Sisig, Adobong Kangkong, Crispy Crablets, and Bulalo. The crispy crablets in vinegar was to die for. For some reason, I was eating less than I could that day but it was really good.

After, my mom didn't want to go back to the condo just yet. So, we went to the forever full Bag of Beans to have some afternoon drinks. My phone died so I was not able to take photos but we ordered this big pancake that ended in me saying, "This is a pancake! A real one!" Haha!


Now, we were so filled up that we decided to go back to the condo and call it good. I tried to get them to play board games but it was pretty hard to teach them. I was able to get them to play Hive and I'm the Boss. But, my brain and capacity for teaching was on the brink of destruction. But, it was fun! Haha! We also took a night jog that took off the cholesterol from the afternoon food trip.

I really am glad for this trip because it was an escape from everything, especially that time. My mind was going restless and I really needed a break. It was one of those times that I could really just break away into the silence.


The next day though, we decided that we pack up and leave already and just eat along the way home. It was a long walk down for me because I really wanted to stay. I just want to go back there and escape from everything.


But, alas, the trip back home had to be done.


We went on to have a late lunch at Leslie's Restaurant. It was the original Bulalohan in Tagaytay if the rumours are correct.


This time we went on for a lighter meal, Crispy Bangus Tail, Crispy Pata, Laing, and Bulalo Soup. Hahaha! It was one of the best Crispy Pata I have ever had and it was also large for its price. Very good food indeed.


We were full going home and we passed by Colette's for a Buko Pie and Rowena's for the best Mango Tart ever!


And, as if we weren't done yet, when we got back to Manila, we hit off the best food trip and escape with JT's Manukan, the best Bacolod Chicken Inasal there is here in Manila, owned by Joel Torre. The chicken is cooked just right.

Hay, I want to do this all over again. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment